Dodge Stratus The Dodge Stratus. Whether you've got a sedan or coupe, base model or R/T, theDodge Stratus has winning looks and thrilling performance.

Airbag light issue

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2015, 04:15 PM
tuononero
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Airbag light issue

Hi guys i have another one for you.

The airbag light in my 2006 Stratus is always on.
The car has been in an accident and the airbags deployed along with the seatbelts.

Now personally changed the 2 front airbags (i tried 2 different ones for the driver side) and the seatbelt on the passenger side.

I checked the driver side with a multimeter and it seems to be ok (not ignited).

So far i have a whole set of working airbags. I have no idea if the airbag unit has been changed.

I assume the clockspring works good because i have all the cruise control buttons working fine and so the horn.

I went to o'reilly to get the unit scanned and they retrieved 8 errors.

One was about the battery being disconnected, they most of those errors were just copies, about the driver/passenger side Squib circuits open and belt pretensioner....

Now what do i do to turn that light off? I tried to disconnect the battery for +10 minutes but didn't work.

I'm going crazy.

Oh and for the record i DON'T want to take it to the dealership (i've already been there for the check engine light and costed me a hundred bucks to fix it).

Thank you guys.

Old 04-08-2015, 08:55 PM
tuononero

It's so weird to see no answers to this post.
That probably means nobody knows the answer

Does anybody know where the front impact switch is located? (2006 Stratus)

That is the last thing i can check. If the switch is good i'll have to replace the unit.

Old 04-09-2015, 07:58 PM
BillS
Captain

not that familiar with airbag system , think clock spring and steering column have to be replaced for drivers side if you want to send me a message with an email address I have a detailed service manual I found online someplace that might help would probably be Friday evening b4 I can send it

Quick Reply: Airbag light issue