Dodge Stratus The Dodge Stratus. Whether you've got a sedan or coupe, base model or R/T, theDodge Stratus has winning looks and thrilling performance.

Stratus 2001 cooling system

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2015, 04:27 AM
jccobianv
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Stratus 2001 cooling system

Hey guys, i´ve got a problem with my car, i ow a 2001 stratus se 2.4 DOHC, one day i was going on my way to the airport, in the way back my thermostat dropped just below normal temperature, i ignored it and continued, then arriving to my house i parked it as always, 3 hours later i started it to go to the groseries and the thermostat marked coompletely cold, and as i started driving i felt like the caar was kicking me, i dont know what to do, im feeling like replacng my thermostat, or my wter pump, im thinking about checking the O2 sensor, and the MAF sensor, please help!!!

ps. since that thermostat issue the car takes too long to start, i have to close and open the switch like twice and crank it up like 5 seconds, sorry if my english is not perfect, im from Mexico, i have 17 yo, and i need help

Old 05-04-2015, 08:47 AM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 335 Likes on 299 Posts

Have you checked the coolant level? Is the check engine light on?

Old 05-04-2015, 10:46 PM
jccobianv
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default coolant level

coolant level its ok, and the radiator is new, it takes too long to warm up, but when i drive like 30 km it suddenly starts overheating

Quick Reply: Stratus 2001 cooling system