Dodge Stratus The Dodge Stratus. Whether you've got a sedan or coupe, base model or R/T, theDodge Stratus has winning looks and thrilling performance.

Replacement of Stratus Engine Motor Mounts/Bushings

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2015, 10:32 PM
2006Stratus
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Replacement of Stratus Engine Motor Mounts/Bushings

I own a 2000 Dodge Stratus SE with a 2.4 liter engine. This vehicle has just over 155,000 miles on it. Recently I was checking under the car for an oil leak and noticed that the engine was not evenly centered on the bolt which runs through the motor mount bushing. Upon closer inspection, it is evident that the motor mount assembly/bushing needs to be replaced due to some significant tears. I checked the rear motor mount assembly/bushing and its conditioned that of the front motor mount/bushing.

The motor mounts assemblies (metal portion) themselves seem to be in good shape, not rust or other damage. I see the motor mounts assemblies are available as a new assembly or the motor mount bushings are also available individually. Has anyone has any experience replacing either one? I was thinking of going with replacing the bushings because it is cheaper but also I've seen reviews about new aftermarket motor mount assemblies not fitting like the original motor mount assemblies did. So if anyone has any feedback, it would be greatly appreciated.

Old 05-13-2015, 02:49 PM
pearl01stratcpe
All Star
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

On my Stratus Coupe, i reused my old mounts, but pressed in new bushings. I went with stiffer bushings since the coupe mounts seem to tear easily, For mine, you could use a press assuming you had the correct press piece to push the old bushings out and the new slid in fairly easily (Most were a two piece design), but others had luck using a hack saw and chisel to cut a section of the mount and hammering the remaining section away.

If you are lworking at home and are limited tool wise, new entire mounts are the way to go. Rockauto.com usually has good prices on them ive found.

Quick Reply: Replacement of Stratus Engine Motor Mounts/Bushings