Dodge Stratus The Dodge Stratus. Whether you've got a sedan or coupe, base model or R/T, theDodge Stratus has winning looks and thrilling performance.

2001 3.0 Stratus

Old 06-28-2015, 03:10 PM
Really frustrating
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

By the way, this car is a 2 door coupe se model. I still cant find it. Why are there so many different suggestions as to where the ecu could be? Did they just put it on anywhere they felt would work on several different strstus'? It should be in a consistent place. Am i right?

Old 06-28-2015, 06:19 PM
pearl01stratcpe
All Star
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Thats odd, the FSM for the coupe (hard copy I have) says its behind the glove box. I checked out my car and it looks like it is under the dash, right in the center. Silver box, and you can see it if youre on the driver side and pull the carpet back, near the gas pedal.

Old 06-28-2015, 06:58 PM
Really frustrating

i will look again. i will look tomorrow and repost.
could it have anything to do with the immobilisation feature with the alarm?

Old 06-30-2015, 12:03 PM
Really frustrating

there is no ecm anywhere. can you help me with the ignition control modual? had someone look at it and they ran tests and say to replace that. Well suprise suprise I can't locate that either. I am being told it is behind the distributer cap????????? Really???? It is not behind the distributer cap. Is it part of the distributer itself? Do I have to replace the whole distributer to fix the ignition control module?

Old 06-30-2015, 01:14 PM
pearl01stratcpe
All Star

http://tearstone.com/eclipsefsm/70.PDF

Component locations start on page 16. Hard to tell on some pics the exact location but it should help some. A lot of the pictures are the same in my Coupe service manual hard copy.

Old 07-01-2015, 10:30 AM
Really frustrating

thank you for your help pearl. i do have that ignition contol module item i'm trying to work through now. if you can help please. i am told to replace the ignition control module. i can't find where that is either. it is said to be under the distributer. do you know if it part of the distributer? or is it part of the ecu? I'll tell ya, this car is the most difficult one ive worked on in reguards to finding out information. this is insane. Auto parts store even have a hard time with this vehicle. Thank you so much for your effort and time.

Old 07-01-2015, 11:37 AM
pearl01stratcpe
All Star

Im not seeing the ICM anywhere in the manual and it doesnt come up when browsing for parts. Either it doesnt have one, its built into the distributor or im blind haha.
Not sure if you know, but the car is made 100% by Mitsubishi. Absolutely nothing for the Stratus sedan is similar. Just wanted to clarify if you were cross referencing stuff.

If you havent done so already, head over to club3g.com. Surely someone has had a similar problem before. Nothing comes up when you type in ICM or ignition control module in the search bar however.

It could also be an immobiliser issue not telling to turn the fuel pump on.

Old 07-10-2015, 10:29 PM
daniel.kirkby

Did you ever fix your problem? Having the same one. Where did you find the relay for the fuel pump?

Old 07-11-2015, 11:30 AM
Really frustrating

I have not fixed this damn car yet. This is the most rediculous car roblem i have ever had. I am looking into the immobilzer possibly being the issue. This car situation should have happened to someone else out there and they have a solution...... I cant be the only unlucky bastard on the face of this earth.

Old 07-13-2015, 10:19 PM
daniel.kirkby

Did you figure out your issue? I know that the PCM is under the dash because I had to replace mine.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2001 3.0 Stratus