Dodge Stratus The Dodge Stratus. Whether you've got a sedan or coupe, base model or R/T, theDodge Stratus has winning looks and thrilling performance.

2001 3.0 Stratus

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2015, 04:09 PM
Really frustrating
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2001 3.0 Stratus

Anyone....? Help please. I have a no start condition. Fuel pump was not kicking on. The problem was no power and no ground. I ran a new circute from the relay, and a new ground, fuel pump is working fine now. No spark now. Replaced distributer and rotor, they were shot. All fuses are good, checked with test light. I have compression. Getting fuel to fuel rail. I can not find a cam positioning sensor or a crank positioning sensor. I know the car has both, I just don't know where they are. Maybe because there is a distributer, there is no cam sensor? I am stumped and as the user name states "REALLY FRUSTRATED". Please, any thoughts..........

Old 06-24-2015, 10:40 AM
pearl01stratcpe
All Star
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I dont think the 3.0 has a camshaft positions sensor but you do have a crankshaft sensor. Crank sensor is under the timing belt cover I know.

Here is the factory service manual for the eclipse, same exact engine in your car. http://tearstone.com/2000-2002-eclipse-service-manual/

Old 06-26-2015, 12:58 PM
Really frustrating

thank you for the service manual.......question- if the crank positioning sensor quits working, will it shut down power to the fuel pump as a safty measure?

Old 06-26-2015, 03:05 PM
pearl01stratcpe
All Star

It appears so - http://www.airtexproducts.com/news-t...elivery-system

Last paragraph "Once the vehicle has been turned off, it may not start until the crankshaft position sensor has been replaced and the codes have been cleared from the ECM."

I never knew that.

Old 06-28-2015, 12:09 PM
Really frustrating

Ok. First of all, i really appreciate your help. Now, ive changed crank position sensor, got everything timed correct, codes cleared, still no power to fuel pump and no spark. There has got to be something that tells not to send power to fuel pump and send no spark. I must be missing something. I cant find the ecu or the maincomputer unit anywhere. I am really lost here. Please, if you can help solve this problem, it would be a tremendous help. This is one of my sons car, and he is walking to work each day. I feel bad cause i cant fix it. Thank you greatly for your time!

Old 06-28-2015, 01:07 PM
Really frustrating

Where is the pcm? Getting a p0201 code. Says it could be pcm, plugs or wires.

Old 06-28-2015, 01:38 PM
BillS
Captain

Originally Posted by Really frustrating

think pcm is under dash believe under radio not 100 percent sure on coupe location a p0201 is number 1 injector most likely connector at injector make sure no corrosion and tight connection or bad wiring in harness ,bad injector ,sometimes bad pcm

Last edited by BillS; 06-28-2015 at 01:48 PM.
Old 06-28-2015, 02:11 PM
pearl01stratcpe
All Star

Originally Posted by Really frustrating
I just looked it up, the PCM is behind the glove box on the passenger side on the coupes. Open the glove box, squeeze the sides in to bypass the stops and sing it all the way open. You can also open the passenger door and remove the dash side panel for another angle on it.

Old 06-28-2015, 02:27 PM
Really frustrating

It is not behind the glove box. It is not behind the radio it is not in the engine compartment. My hands are up in the air! I do not know where this is on this fricking car! Its not in the trunk either.

Old 06-28-2015, 02:29 PM
Really frustrating

Behind the glove box is the blower motor and duct for it. No wire harness of any kind is in site.

Quick Reply: 2001 3.0 Stratus