Dodge Stratus The Dodge Stratus. Whether you've got a sedan or coupe, base model or R/T, theDodge Stratus has winning looks and thrilling performance.

please help with 2004 stratus. must fix asap

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2015, 10:28 PM
e2ekielus
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default please help with 2004 stratus. must fix asap

04 stratus 2.4 VIN X

So I drove 400 miles to help my parents fix this car that has been parked for almost 2 years. All they knew was that the timing belt was broke. I have worked on it for 2 days and cannot get it to start. I have 1 more day to finish before I head back home. Help!
Here's what I've done so far:
Turns out that the water pump was seized up and caused belt to break. New water pump,
Timing belt
Both serpentine belts
Spark plugs
Thermostat
Camshaft position sensor
Coolant flush
Oil change
Battery

Both cam gears are properly lined up with marks across from each other with crank arrow lined up with top Mark on block. Car is turning over very well with no sign of combustion.
I have checked for fuel pressure and even pulled rail and injectors off and made sure they were spraying. I tested between the plug wire and plug with spark test tool and all are firing. I bought the cam sensor last hoping that it was bad but no luck .
Please help me troubleshoot this issue .
Thanks Bill

Old 07-26-2015, 09:01 AM
BillS
Captain

probably late have you checked compression possibly valves damaged when belt broke

Old 07-26-2015, 08:19 PM
e2ekielus

I already left on Saturday morning but yes That's what I wound up doing was a compression test and all 4 failed. Less then 30 psi on each one O_o

I ran out of time and will have to make another trip when I have time off again to pull the head off. Damn interference engines!

Quick Reply: please help with 2004 stratus. must fix asap