Dodge Stratus The Dodge Stratus. Whether you've got a sedan or coupe, base model or R/T, theDodge Stratus has winning looks and thrilling performance.

cold start trouble Codes Help Please

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2015, 09:55 AM
josiem
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default cold start trouble Codes Help Please

I have a Dodge Stratus SDN 2003 2.4 DOHC 149,181 miles ran really well no check engine lights at ALL until last winter replaced water pump and timing belt also new coil, plugs, ignition wire (all parts purchased @ Advanced Auto) now when it's cold outside (I live in pgh pa) any temp below 50 degrees..this car acts as if it wants to stall..have to keep my foot on the gas ..so the tach is up to 2 and when the temp gage gets above cold..I can turn the car off and start it with no problem..it's so annoying..also has a rough idle and now codes P2305- P0325- P0340 what did we do wrong replacing this s!*t..weather is going to get colder and I really need some help..PLEASE

Old 10-25-2015, 02:20 AM
Douggro
Rookie

The P0325 is a Knock Sensor error and the P0340 is a Camshaft Position Sensor error; the P2305 is "Ignition Coil B Sec Circ" that shows no info on possible causes. The first two are the most likely causes for the rough idle; the knock sensor error will retard the ignition timing to eliminate the perceived knocking, and the CPS error will give bad data to the PCM for determining the timing.

Wiring issues are the common shared cause for both. Check the connections and trace the harnesses to each sensor for loose connections, pinched or broken wires, or shorts to ground.

Old 11-08-2015, 08:07 AM
josiem
Default timing belt?

could it be possible that not replacing the tensioner when they did the water pump and timing belt (last year)..be some of the problem? had to replace the water pump again this weekend and replaced the tensioner this time as well..didn't get the car back yet..hoping

Old 11-10-2015, 10:41 AM
Douggro
Rookie

Not familiar with the intimacies of the 2.4l, but if I have the timing belt off any motor I'm going to be seriously looking at replacing it and the tensioner if they haven't been serviced at their recommended interval. A loose timing belt could well be responsible for the CPS error.

Old 11-18-2015, 07:42 AM
josiem

Well turns out had to put in another water pump after 15 months and replaced the tensioner this time and no more P0325 or P0340 those codes are gone..still having problem with cold start..and misfires..working on it..

Quick Reply: cold start trouble Codes Help Please