Dodge Stratus The Dodge Stratus. Whether you've got a sedan or coupe, base model or R/T, theDodge Stratus has winning looks and thrilling performance.

04 status 2.4L boggs down during accel

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2016, 12:07 AM
pearl01stratcpe
All Star
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by jkeaton
I see you already started a separate thread. Try to keep everything in one place. Clutters up the forum with the same issue being discussed in multiple threads.
Now to be fair, he did browse the forum for his answer and ask if the OP had figured out what caused the issue so he could possibly try the same solution, and you did ask him what problem he had and he responded which is better than half the new people on here do

Old 02-16-2016, 02:07 PM
TZFBird
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A hesitation when going from no throttle is generally a lean condition. The engine is at a state where the air-fuel ratio is somewhat acceptable. The instant throttle is given a volume of air enters the engine and increases the lean condition. The TPS will then signal for an increase in fuel. This will be followed by a surge in engine power.
Since TPS voltage was checked, I would suspect a vacuum leak. On our 2000 2.5, low oil pressure would let the lifters collapse causing a rich condition because the amount of air entering the cylinders was reduced. The engine would account for this and lean out the fuel at low RPMs. When giving throttle, it would instantly lean out and then a surge once the fuel reached the cylinders. Once oil pressure increased, the lifters would pump back up and the car would drive fine until stopping again. Usually only happened at long red lights though.

Old 04-10-2016, 02:40 PM
boo9814
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by music_man_712010@yahoo.com
Did you ever fix the problem with your stratus? I am having the same trouble with my status.
No but i think i got the problem. A cracked exhaust manifold on #1port. went to salvage yard 10 cars all no good. ordered new 1 keep u posted on solution sat or sun, but check that first thing.

Quick Reply: 04 status 2.4L boggs down during accel