Dodge Stratus The Dodge Stratus. Whether you've got a sedan or coupe, base model or R/T, theDodge Stratus has winning looks and thrilling performance.

2004 Stratus trouble

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2016, 06:50 PM
music_man_712010@yahoo.com
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Red face 2004 Stratus trouble

I have a 2004 Stratus 2.4L SOHC mitsubishi G engine, the car runs great starts fine but if I quickly press gas it will not take gas! If I drive it normal and slowly accelerate It does fine, I put it in neutral and push gas to the floor and it acts like it is idling but the RPM pulse from idle to + 300 rpm,s it is like I am giving it a little gas but I am not! not getting any check engine light no codes!! I took throttle body off cleaned it good, I checked voltage on TPS all was good nice steady voltage as I increase the throttle .6 volts closed 5.0 volts wide open. I checked Ohms on fuel injectors all within specs. new plug wires, coils, plugs, I put a new head and timing belt on it two years ago. I checked all vacuums lines seem fine. I am at a loss

Thanks

Old 02-28-2016, 03:13 AM
jack_null
Amateur

There's a button that sits below the gas pedal. Once the pedal is fully pressed down, it clicks the button signalling to the car that the throttle is fully opened. Maybe that?

Could also be the transmission is refusing the request to downshift once throttle is pressed down. If that's the case, it won't show up on a OBD scanner. You need a special tool to instead see the TCM faults.

When this happened to me though, it ended up being the

Old 02-28-2016, 03:17 AM
jack_null
Amateur

(Sorry about ending half way through the sentence)

It ended up being the throttle body. I know you're going to automatically reject this idea because you've checked it extensively.

BUT - can you try sticking your hand inside the throttle body and see if the valve is opening up all the way? That was my problem. Valve would stop allowing air in at a certain point and wouldn't allow the car to accelerate more after that point. Simple fix, just push it all the way back with your hand.

Old 02-28-2016, 10:21 AM
music_man_712010@yahoo.com

Thanks, I will try that and let you know

Quick Reply: 2004 Stratus trouble