Dodge Stratus The Dodge Stratus. Whether you've got a sedan or coupe, base model or R/T, theDodge Stratus has winning looks and thrilling performance.

****Transmission issue****

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2016, 09:56 PM
s2krejects
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ****Transmission issue****

: I have a 2005 Dodge stratus sxt sedan 2.4l dohc with an auto trans. Recently my car started clunking whenever i shift into reverse from any gear. It sometimes clunks singularly or clunks multiple times one after the other. It also does it when im in first and second gear and let off the gas after accelerating. I can feel the clunking in my feel. Doesnt skip or slip gears though, any help woth troubleshooting is appreciated!

Old 04-13-2016, 10:10 PM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 334 Likes on 298 Posts

Mileage? How's the fluid? Checked the engine and transmission mounts? CV joints? Tell us what you have done so we don't ask obvious questions.

Old 04-13-2016, 10:14 PM
s2krejects

Originally Posted by jkeaton
Mileage? How's the fluid? Checked the engine and transmission mounts? CV joints? Tell us what you have done so we don't ask obvious questions.
About 130,000, Fluids clean and level is good, mounts are good, as far as i can tell cv joints are okay, my father and i lifted it up , started it, and swited between gears to see something shaking but we couldnt see anything. Like i said it shifts fine its just the thunking making me worried, it goes into gear easy too just noisy when put in reverse. Its going on the lift in a few days to inspect more, just looking for second opinions, maybe someone with the same issue

Old 04-14-2016, 05:45 PM
s2krejects

Originally Posted by s2krejects
: I have a 2005 Dodge stratus sxt sedan 2.4l dohc with an auto trans. Recently my car started clunking whenever i shift into reverse from any gear. It sometimes clunks singularly or clunks multiple times one after the other. It also does it when im in first and second gear and let off the gas after accelerating. I can feel the clunking in my feel. Doesnt skip or slip gears though, any help woth troubleshooting is appreciated!
Anyone? Lolol

Quick Reply: ****Transmission issue****