Dodge Stratus The Dodge Stratus. Whether you've got a sedan or coupe, base model or R/T, theDodge Stratus has winning looks and thrilling performance.

Interior Questions

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2016, 06:22 AM
Duck Dodgers
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Interior Questions

Hello everyone, I am a first time Dodge owner. I always drove Chevy's until this last one. After it got totaled I found a 2005 Stratus SXT 2-door for 1500 bucks. It has 146,000 miles on it and it is very good shape. I have a couple of questions I'm hoping some of you can answer. I was wondering if the door controls for the windows and the door locks should light at night? My mirror control does but the others doesn't. Does anyone know the size of the speaker in the center of the dash? It seems Crutchfield acknowledges it but wont list anything for it. Does anyone know the tweeter size in the doors? Final question, I promise, on the rear deck, between the 6x9's there are some releases, one has a cover the others doesn't. What are those called? I would like to have the other covers as well. I just don't know what to Google for.
Thank You

Old 05-04-2016, 07:51 AM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 335 Likes on 299 Posts

The Stratus coupe is the same as a Mitsubishi Eclipse (which I have). The center speaker is a 3-1/2" size. You might have to do some massaging of the mounting hole to get an aftermarket to fit. I just disconnected mine. Sounds much better without it. I do not know about the door control switches. The things in the back are most likely child seat anchors. Welcome to the forum.

Old 05-04-2016, 04:06 PM
Duck Dodgers

Thanks jkeaton I appreciate your reply. Your probably right about the center speaker I might just leave mine unhooked as well. Most aftermarket radios don't provide for a such a connection anyway. I tried googling anchor covers and everything comes up as square whereas mine is oval. Any idea where I might can find some?

Old 05-04-2016, 04:33 PM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 335 Likes on 299 Posts

Probably junk yard is your best bet. Or a factory Dodge website/dealer.

Old 05-04-2016, 04:52 PM
Duck Dodgers

Your probably right. I wouldn't think this would matter but on the sides of my Stratus it has little emblems that say's special edition. I cant see how that would affect parts though. Like I just ordered a LH door check strap from Ebay, well after looking at mine it seems to be different from the one I ordered. Even though the other websites I checked said the model# would work. I will take your advice and start calling some junk yards and see if they have any coupes on their lot. Maybe I should start looking for parts for an Eclipse. Thats how it was with my last ride. It was a Chevy but most of the time I ordered parts for a Suzuki especially aftermarket parts.

Old 05-08-2016, 06:28 PM
atcfreak250

last summer i went to the junkyard and got the hole interior i mean complete interior for 40bucks.

was like new. little stuff here and there but nothing big deal about.

Quick Reply: Interior Questions