Dodge Stratus The Dodge Stratus. Whether you've got a sedan or coupe, base model or R/T, theDodge Stratus has winning looks and thrilling performance.

2005 Dodge Stratus - ABS, TCS and Brake lights on

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2016, 06:28 PM
Andromeda
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2005 Dodge Stratus - ABS, TCS and Brake lights on

Hello guys,
this is my first post on this forum, so please redirect me if I'm wrong. I used the search function, but after trying all the steps other people did, I could not find a solution to my problem.

I got a 2005 Dodge Stratus. I few weeks ago the ABS and TCS lights sporadically turned on and off, finally stuck on. These stay on even after restarting the car. Now the brake light turns on as well after driving a few feet and stays on until restart.

I took the car to my mechanic as well as Advance and Firestone, but none of them could get a code. Brake fluid level is good, all the fuses are good as well. The car breaks fine and the speedometer is working. My mechanic and I checked the four ABS tire sensors and cleaned them, none of them looks damaged. We tried connecting the installed sensors (I got the 2-wire version) to a multimeter while spinning the wheel, but we couldn't get a resistance reading on any of them, it seems they're not conducting at all. We checked the bearings to make sure all the wheels are turning the same speed and found a bad one, but changing it didn't help.

I'm honestly out of ideas right now. Is there a possibility that all four sensors have gone bad? I didn't do any modifications to the car whatsoever.

Thanks in advance for any help!