Dodge Stratus The Dodge Stratus. Whether you've got a sedan or coupe, base model or R/T, theDodge Stratus has winning looks and thrilling performance.

2001 dodge stratus - radiator drain plug

Old 12-28-2016, 09:52 AM
tkw829
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2001 dodge stratus - radiator drain plug

Hello all,

I recently drained my radiator and refilled it. Some months later I began to notice a small leak under the car on the passenger side. It appeared to be directly under the area where the drain plug is. I eventually was able to further tighten the drain plug and the issue appeared to be resolved. Now about 3 weeks later I noticed a much larger puddle in the same area that ended up travelling back towards the back of the car and now the radiator is completely drained. I've attempted to tighten the plug further, but I'm wondering if it actually tightens or just needs to be pushed in. As far as I can tell it is fully pushed in. Could pressure from the system be forcing the plug out? If the plug is faulty how would I go about replacing it...does it just pop out or does it need to be completely screwed out. Thank you!

Old 12-29-2016, 12:58 PM
Douggro
Rookie

Coupes and sedans use different radiators and drain petcocks. In either case, the petcock can be replaced - check out rockauto.com for your application. The petcocks do use O-rings to seal the connection, so it's possible that yours has gone bad.

Old 01-19-2017, 03:14 AM
tkw829

Thank you!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2001 dodge stratus - radiator drain plug