Dodge Stratus The Dodge Stratus. Whether you've got a sedan or coupe, base model or R/T, theDodge Stratus has winning looks and thrilling performance.

2002 stratus 3.0 liter coupe no start

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2017, 01:05 AM
dwh
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2002 stratus 3.0 liter coupe no start

hi,
i have a 2002 stratus 3.0 coupe. drove to a friends house ran fine, wouldnt start when i tried to leave. has new fuel pump, doesnt seem to be getting fuel. it sat for a week and when i tried to start it fired for a second and died. would not fire again after that. ive checked all fuses and they seem to be fine. have had trouble with theft imobilizer in the past, have tried 2 different keys, one original, and one was reflashed about a year and a half ago. neither key makes a difference. would like to try a new fuel pump relay or asd relay but they are not clearly marked on the power distribution center under the hood. cant seem to find a decent diagram of the pdc online . is there something else i should be looking at?? and does anyone have a link to a factory service manual for this particular year with the 3.0 engine?

any help greatly appreciated

Old 02-01-2017, 12:15 AM
Douggro
Rookie

The PDC should have a legend diagram on the inside of the cover. You should hear the fuel pump kick on briefly when the key is turned to the RUN position. Try starting it with some carb cleaner (NOT starting fluid!) sprayed into the throttle body inlet.

Old 02-01-2017, 12:27 AM
dwh

the diagram is not really specific in regard to the relays. it does not fire with carb cleaner. can't really here pump start up when key is turned to on position. we had spark when pulled a plug.

Old 02-01-2017, 11:45 AM
Douggro
Rookie

See if you can locate a Schraeder valve test port on the fuel rail to check the fuel pressure. It should kick up over 30psi with the key on. Attached is a diagram image of the PDC; fuel pump relay, starter relay and the ASD relay are the ones I'd look at first.

Old 02-01-2017, 12:56 PM
dwh

Originally Posted by Douggro
See if you can locate a Schraeder valve test port on the fuel rail to check the fuel pressure. It should kick up over 30psi with the key on. Attached is a diagram image of the PDC; fuel pump relay, starter relay and the ASD relay are the ones I'd look at first.

thanks