Dodge Stratus The Dodge Stratus. Whether you've got a sedan or coupe, base model or R/T, theDodge Stratus has winning looks and thrilling performance.

PCV system

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2017, 06:54 PM
TZFBird
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PCV system

I'm still fighting thus Stratus. Does anyone know of any common problems with the PCV system on the 2.5l engines? I'm contemplating adding an oil separator to see if that fixes the random misfires on cylunders 3&6. There is nothing common between these cylinders besides the same fuel pump and distributor. The intake runners in the heads were gummed up with carbon and I'm sure the PCV system is to blame. I used to think it was fuel causing the problem but I'm starting to reconsider.
​​​​​​​Any assistance with the PCV system would help. It seems to be working right but I just think there's more to it than I know about.

Old 02-20-2017, 02:56 PM
TZFBird
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I didn't think I would get any sort of response. The PCV draws from the intake resonator to the rear valve cover. After the rear cover there is a crossover hose running to the front cover. Out of the front cover it goes through the PCV valve and into the lower half of the intake manifold. My plan is to put a separator between the PCV and the intake. I lost the clear inline fuel filter I picked up for testing purposes so I suppose I'll need to find it or else buy another.