Dodge Stratus The Dodge Stratus. Whether you've got a sedan or coupe, base model or R/T, theDodge Stratus has winning looks and thrilling performance.

To Anyone Familiar Working W/Electrical Systems

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2017, 04:28 PM
jack_null
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default To Anyone Familiar Working W/Electrical Systems

God, where to begin....

2006 Dodge Stratus, 4.2L. Seems like a start.

Been working all day trying to figure out why my windows won't roll down (all of them. Ever since I got the car). I took the door trim apart so I could get to my power window master switch so I could test it to narrow down the problem.

I've attached some photos, the switch, testing the cables, volts etc.

Here's what I need answered:

1. The diagram I attached is of the power window wiring. See the wires on the harness in one of the other pictures I attached? The colors aren't matching up to me. Do I have the wrong diagram?

2. How can I be sure it's the switch if it's getting no voltage and not a short/open?

3. if it is a short/open how do I go about finding exactly where it is?

4. May be hard to tell, but from what you can make out from the photos, do the Ohm readings seem okay? When I tested the switch for ohms, it seemed okay. But when I tested the harness for ohms, I only got 3 readings from the 11 prongs.

Attached Thumbnails To Anyone Familiar Working W/Electrical Systems-master-switch.png   To Anyone Familiar Working W/Electrical Systems-11-prong-cable-front-.jpg   To Anyone Familiar Working W/Electrical Systems-11-prong-cable-back-.jpg   To Anyone Familiar Working W/Electrical Systems-power-window-diagram.jpg   To Anyone Familiar Working W/Electrical Systems-switch-voltage.jpg  

To Anyone Familiar Working W/Electrical Systems-spot-on-ohms.jpg   To Anyone Familiar Working W/Electrical Systems-weird-ohms.jpg  
Old 02-22-2017, 07:58 AM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 335 Likes on 299 Posts

You should be checking the harness for voltage, not resistance. Do you have power going to the harness? Have you checked the fuses, relays?