Hello all. Just registered and hoping for a little help, and maybe some creative thinking.
A little information about me first, I promise it's all relevant here.
- I am 6'3", with fairly long legs.
- My wife is between 5' and 5'2", depending on if she's wearing heels, with her right leg shorter than her left.
- I drive a 2004 Dodge Stratus SXT. It has the 2.4l DOHC I4, with automatic transmission. it's in decent shape.
- She drives a 2002 Chevy Impala. It has the 3.4L V6 motor with the automatic transmission. The torque converter on this POS is going out now, it screams when the RPM goes above 3200, but only when in gear. Trans fluid is ok, but the trans leaks from an unknown location and is not leaving any puddles, despite losing about a pint every two weeks. It is also starting to have issues with heat, and not delivering it, as well as needing the suspension replaced, and the fuel sensor replaced.
- We do not have the money to fix her vehicle, nor do we have the money to replace the vehicle, so we are looking to share the vehicle (thank god for me working a 9-5 desk job, or this would be completely impossible.)
- She has a very difficult time driving my car because her feet barely reach the pedals, even with the seat all the way forward. She has to sit on the edge of the seat to reach properly. Yes, she has short legs.
So here is the issue, if you haven't already guessed it. I am trying to figure out a solution that will allow both of us to drive the vehicle while we save up for something else for her. I think I would only need a couple inches added in there for her to be able to drive it.
For that matter, if there was an option to add in adjustable pedals, i would definitely be willing to do the work, if they would adjust closer than the default location for the pedals on this car.
TLDR, Wife's car dying, needs to drive my car, can't because she's a dwarf married to a giant.