Dodge Stratus The Dodge Stratus. Whether you've got a sedan or coupe, base model or R/T, theDodge Stratus has winning looks and thrilling performance.

2002 bad fuel filter?

Old 05-28-2006, 07:26 PM
srogers
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 2002 bad fuel filter?

Well everything is tightened down and in the right place. Took it to AutoZone to get code read out.It said cam shaft sensor, which I replaced along with the crankshaft sensor. I worked on the car four hours today. I had my neighbor look at it too, he knows alot about cars. We sprayed it with ether to see if there was a vaccum hose leak, but there was not.

The read out also said that mis-fired cyclinder, and a memory problem. I am not sure exactly what this all means. I am at my wits end with this car. Prolbably just going to take it to a shop and have them look it over. I can't think of anything else that could be the problem.

Any information would be apprietated.

Old 06-01-2006, 11:43 AM
srogers
Default Wiring problem

Well for all who might be interested got the car back on the road. After taking it to the shop. They found a wiring problem. The wires that ran from the Crank sensor where grounding out on the engine. It was just in a spot that I could not see to well with just jacking it up. So the car is good to go, finally.

Old 06-02-2006, 04:14 AM
B_52
Professional
Default RE: Wiring problem

Hey with this kinda problems croping up, I can understand the GF being scared of the car.[&:]

Thanks for taking the time to fill us in, maybe we can be a bit wiser for the next time someone is in need.

Peace
Vince

Old 06-02-2006, 02:56 PM
srogers
Default RE: Wiring problem

Yeah no problem, just wish this car not to have problems for a long time now. seems like in the past month i have put a ton of money into it. I make decent money, but still not enough to keep dumping money into the car...

Old 12-03-2013, 02:19 AM
Flexmoney

[thought I'd add my issue onto this thread. Hope that is OK, seems related]

2002 Dodge Stratus R/T, 3.0 V6, manual, @ 107k, Engine runs rough, now won't start (after sitting for over a week while I was on vacation). Recently (few weeks ago) replaced the battery and noticed the connector on the negative wire should be replaced (loose and worn out,). New radiator and AC recharge this past summer. (Hmmm started to run rough not long after this.)

The first time it ran rough was after a fillup while on an out of state trip. I suspected dirty or wet gas.

Over time, it tended to run rough when the tank was near empty, or just after a fillup. Still suspected dirt in gas, but it wasn't much of an issue...so I let it go.

Tended to run fine at road speed (with RPM"s up a bit), but would be rough at idle.

Recently, it got worse (last few weeks, but before the battery change). Managing it was a matter of tweaking the throttle, as the idle wanted to dip too low.

I was on vacation, and didn't run it for 9 days. This morning, it wouldn't start. Well...it turned over, but wouldn't stay running.

I bought it used from a friend, over a year ago. Daily driver (40 miles round trip). It has to be due plugs and wires.

Thoughts?

Kyle

Last edited by Flexmoney; 12-03-2013 at 09:14 PM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2002 bad fuel filter?