Dodge Stratus The Dodge Stratus. Whether you've got a sedan or coupe, base model or R/T, theDodge Stratus has winning looks and thrilling performance.

Missing fuel pump wiring!

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2013, 02:27 PM
John Akles
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Missing fuel pump wiring!

Now this is probably a unique situation because I am scratching my head for sure.
I was given this 98 Stratus by my Daughter and Son in-law because it started giving them problems. It looks like it is the fuel pump so I took down the tank, disconnected the two wiring harnesses and was unable to get back to it for the next two weeks.
Now here is the head scratcher! I put the new fuel pump in the tank and went to hook up the two wiring harnesses but one is completely missing.
Of course the one on the driver's side is there as I have to feed the wire back up through the seat deck, connect the harness and install the provided boot.
However, the other harness is completely gone. I have spent literally hours searching for the other harness that should be hanging there waiting to be connected but I can find nothing. No remnants of a pulled off wire, cut wire or indication where it should come from. My son in-law and daughter even spent some time looking for it and even my neighbor came over and looked for awhile. Its gone!
Now, even if I have to re-route the wires I am ready to do that but I cannot even find a wiring diagram to tell me where the wires should come from. I have even been to a dodge dealer to try to get this info. but even after a diligent effort on their part they could not even tell me anything.
Somebody PLEASE HELP ME before I pull out what hair I have left!

Quick Reply: Missing fuel pump wiring!