Dodge Stratus The Dodge Stratus. Whether you've got a sedan or coupe, base model or R/T, theDodge Stratus has winning looks and thrilling performance.

Cabin Air Filter -- '04 Stratus R/T

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2004, 03:34 AM
N6WZP
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cabin Air Filter -- '04 Stratus R/T

Ok, checked everywhere including almost all auto parts places in town and all Dodge Dealers. Now maybe 'you all' have an idea.
Last year I had to drive over 100 miles through the SOCAL smoke (and fire) and I believe that the cabin air filter is pretty much clogged because the K&N is about 1/3 plugged up with ashes and the air doesn't work as well as it used to. Gets cold, but air flow is minimal (unless you turn it up to about a '4' or so.

So, where can I locate a cabin air filter for the '04 Stratus R/T? Any ideas?
Thank you,
R/
RickyDee

Old 07-19-2004, 07:02 PM
lvd2340
Amateur
Default RE: Cabin Air Filter -- '04 Stratus R/T

Are you sure it has one? I don't even show one in the parts catalogs.[sm=smiley25.gif]

Old 07-19-2004, 11:13 PM
N6WZP
Default RE: Cabin Air Filter -- '04 Stratus R/T

Yeah, I get the idea. Here in San Diego we have Kragen Auto Parts. I checked there. (Other parts of the US have CHECKER and/or SCHUCKS). I also checked the Dodge dealer in National CIty. (not normally helpful anyways). But, at Kragen I looked through the whole darned catalog, the one that's about 2 feet thick in front of the filter section, and couldn't find one listed for ANY car or truck. But I know that a lot of cars have them. And, when driving south from Vegas last year during the wildfires, windows rolled up of course, we didn't smell any smoke. I figure air's gotta come from somewhere. So I'm only guessing here, but I thought for sure that almost all cars have one. I'm about to crawl up under the dash and see for myself, except that it's close to 90-something degrees outside.

Quick Reply: Cabin Air Filter -- '04 Stratus R/T