Dodge Stratus The Dodge Stratus. Whether you've got a sedan or coupe, base model or R/T, theDodge Stratus has winning looks and thrilling performance.

Borla Exhaust...Please Look!

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2007, 04:52 AM
wright06jhs
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Borla Exhaust...Please Look!

Does anyone know is the Borla T-304 Stainless Steel Cat-Back System For a Mitsubishi Eclipse GT 3.0 V6 will fit on the 2001 Dodge Strautus R/T?

Old 01-17-2007, 01:21 PM
01indigoR/T
Professional
Default RE: Brola Exhaust...Please Look!

i think they are, ive seen kits out there for the stratus R/T and it seemed the same, these two cars do have the same chassis and drive tran. I would say yet

Old 01-18-2007, 08:26 AM
wright06jhs

Yes i was thinking the same thing, but i would like to know for sure before i spend all that money on the exhaust and it not fit.

Old 01-20-2007, 12:50 PM
pricej636

The eclipse exhaust is a bit shorter... it will fit other than having to extend the midpipe. Any exhaust shop can so this relatively cheap.

Old 01-20-2007, 03:11 PM
B_52
Professional

I too, would rely on other that have actually done this to get the right answer, but to toss in my two cents, I recommend you keep in mind that the Strat coup is about a foot longer than the Eclipse.
Although an exhaust shop can extend the pipe in areas, I believe a borla is all stainless. Not sure a lot of shops keep stainless on hand for mods?
Seeing that the Galant and the Strat both have a 103" wheelbase, I would be tempted to look for a Galant setup instead of an Eclipce?

Vince

Old 01-20-2007, 06:13 PM
pricej636

most good exhaust shops (not meineke, but a custom exhaust shop) should have stainless on hand. Besides, they can make you an extender pipe out of whatever pipe they have around. Put the correct flanges on it, and its a bolt on affair. Stainless is more of a bling bling thing than anything, and nobody is going to see that part if the exhaust under your car.

If you want to know more specifics about what you need to do to make it fit, visit club3g.com or 2gstratus.org.

ORIGINAL: B_52

I too, would rely on other that have actually done this to get the right answer, but to toss in my two cents, I recommend you keep in mind that the Strat coup is about a foot longer than the Eclipse.
Although an exhaust shop can extend the pipe in areas, I believe a borla is all stainless. Not sure a lot of shops keep stainless on hand for mods?
Seeing that the Galant and the Strat both have a 103" wheelbase, I would be tempted to look for a Galant setup instead of an Eclipce?

Vince

Quick Reply: Borla Exhaust...Please Look!