Dodge Stratus The Dodge Stratus. Whether you've got a sedan or coupe, base model or R/T, theDodge Stratus has winning looks and thrilling performance.

rattling noise on 2000 stratus

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2007, 05:13 PM
mnm8077
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default rattling noise on 2000 stratus

For about a year now my stratus has had this rattling noise in the front when I hit bumps. We took it in a while back and they said it needs new brakes, so I replaced the brakes myself and it is still making the noise. I was thinking it could be the struts so I was going to replace them myself, but before I did that I wanted to see if anyone had any other ideas of what it could be.

Also sometimes my car makes a noise that sounds like a foghorn, it happens when I am driving and when it is just in idle. At first I thought it had something to do with the heater, but lately it has been making that noise when the heater is off. It doesn't always make the noise, just every now and then. Any ideas? Thanks.

Old 02-25-2007, 11:37 AM
mnm8077
Default RE: rattling noise on 2000 stratus

any suggestions from anyone?

Old 02-25-2007, 03:24 PM
superstrat97
Rookie
Default RE: rattling noise on 2000 stratus

usually if you have a front end rattle over bumps it is caused by the swaybar links, it is very common. the fix is put in new links and i would suggest the bushings too and that should fix the rattle. as for the other noise i would check the belts and tensioners, the timing belt could also be the culprit but that is much more involved to check and diagnose...hope i offered some direction, have fun

Quick Reply: rattling noise on 2000 stratus