Dodge Viper The almighty Dodge Viper. No matter the year, since it's arrival, the Dodge Viper has made even the most refined car enthusiasts drool. This sports car has it all from a sexy look to pavement shredding power.

Dodge Viper Problems

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2013, 10:45 AM
cybershellman
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dodge Viper Problems

I've had 3 Vipers. First one was a lease and the last 2 owned. All were 2004 and 2 Mambas. Besides an accident by a deployed airbag causing accident, I've experienced a few other problems that I'm curious if others have had the same problems. One is the power steering unit. Driving short distances, I have no problems with fluid levels, however, on several 400 mile trips, I found the fluid level was empty. My mechanic tells me that the intense heat created by the engine, causes the hose/coupler to expand, resulting in leakage. The other is the AC/ Heater blower. Once again, heat causes it to warp and eventually fail. Any others have these problems?

Old 05-25-2013, 02:32 PM
msdodge
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Viper problems and worried

Just returned from the Dodge dealer. I received a recall, set up an appointment, went to the dealership but they did not have the parts to correct the recall. they are not sure when they will receive the parts. recall is for the air bag If I have had the recall for at least two months then I would have assumed that the dealership would not make an appointments if they do not know when they will receive the parts. I have a black with red and black interior 2004 Mamba. Having a great time. just do not want air bag to blow up in my face.

Quick Reply: Dodge Viper Problems