V10 Club

Old 03-28-2012, 03:24 PM
ComputerJoe
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How do you find out what PCM's have been applied? Does Chrysler track that by VIN? So far I've been afraid to push her past 55, my wallet might not take the shock. :-)

Anyway I've discovered that there is a 4-5mph difference between the speedo and Torque's GPS speed. So I might be going to the dealer to get that corrected and any PCM's not in the old lady already.

I'm trying to decide if I just get the K&N direct replacement air flter or invest in a cold air intake. Any feed back would be appreciated.

Body wise it looks like I have new front quarters and rockers thanks to the previous owner so cab corners, rear quarters, and rear bumper is all I need to deal with.

Old 03-28-2012, 04:07 PM
Jimythefan
All Star
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

No dead spot with mine. I upgraded to 4.10's and am running the 93 tune from hemifever. I push down on the throttle anywhere in that range and it takes right off.

I'm starting to get a rattle under the truck so either the muffler or cats need attention at this point.

Old 04-07-2012, 11:23 PM
MilkHauler

I wanna join the V10 club.. THX!!

Old 04-09-2012, 12:22 PM
randy becker
Default 2001 dodge v10

new member here,my name is randy becker i own a 2001 dodge club cab 2500 4x4 v10,now i was driving it today and the check guages light came on and oil guage went down to 0 then light went off and oil guage went back to 40,let it cool down checked oil and it was full,also im losen antifreeze,cannot find a leak any where,does not over heat or lose power at all,all help would be great thanks.

Old 04-10-2012, 05:35 PM
Jimythefan
All Star

Found my rattle. Exhaust manifold heatshield broke loose.

Randy. Keep a close eye on your oil level and color. The coolant has to be going somewhere. Either out the exhaust or into the pan. It could be a bad head gasket.

Old 04-10-2012, 08:09 PM
randy becker
Default spark plug

yea iv been keeping an eye on the oil,i was checking out the spark plugs today to see if i had any coolant on the plugs and on the pass.side the sec.plug from the back snapped off and now the threaded part of the plug is stuck in the head,i couldnt even budge the thing and then snap,i went to auto zone bought easy outs but they were to small,any info on getting it out without taking the head off and where to find easy outs big enough,thanks,randy

Old 04-11-2012, 02:00 PM
ComputerJoe

Dude, you are screwed! Think I read someone had to pull the exhaust and maybe intake manifolds to remove the stub.

When I bought my V10 it went straight to the auto shop with a warning to be carefull with the plugs, if they broke them I wouldn't be willing to fund a lot of extra labor...they came out clean, but the shop had all the right tools. Most plugs were completely shot, one was missing the 1/2 the anode all the way back to the 90 degree turn.

Good Luck

Old 04-11-2012, 09:33 PM
randy becker
Default spark plug

i got the broken one out with an easy out,went to go change plugs on drivers side and wouldnt you know it if the same one broke clean off to the head just like pass.side,cant even see it let alone use the easy out on it,ordered new head gasket kit for it today got to pick them up in the afternoon,i have it stripped down to the heads now,should have heads off cleaned up broke spark plug out new one in and heads back on tomorow if the weather holds out.

Old 04-12-2012, 02:46 PM
Jimythefan
All Star

Well that really sucks. Hopefully that's the end of the issues you have with it.

Check the heads and head gaskets carefully. You should be able to find the answer to the coolant loss.

Old 04-13-2012, 03:15 PM
ComputerJoe

I wonder if an overnight soak with WD40 or another penetrating oil would have made a difference. If I ever change mine I know I will use some and maybe some anti-sieze as well.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: V10 Club