V10 Club

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2012, 07:09 AM
randy becker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default spark plugs

i had them soaking with pb blaster ,after i took heads of i had a 1/2 inch breaker bar with a pipe on them to get them out,never seen anything like it,just got acouple more things to do and itll be back together.

Old 04-14-2012, 09:09 PM
randy becker
Default plugs

got it all back together runs great,now have an exhaust manifold leak,bolts are pretty beat anyone know where i can order new ones,no one around here can get any,thanks.

Old 04-15-2012, 10:51 AM
awd1990tsi
Rookie

Well count me in to the V10 club. Just got and have been making road worthy a 94' Ram 2500 4x4 regular cab, long bed. Poor girl sat untouched for about 6 years. It's a great truck, I love it already. I believe it might be lifted a little, but I'm not positive. Just looks like it sits taller than most other Rams I've seen. Far as I know bone stock performance wise. Just has true dual exhaust with cats, and no mufflers. It's about to get a muffler put on I believe, any suggestions?

I just did a tune up on mine. Thankfully I didn't have any issues with plugs breaking off in the head. These ones had me worried a couple times, but it went off without a hitch.

Here's some pics.

Old 04-19-2012, 08:19 PM
randy becker
Default 2001 dodge v10 abs and brake light stays on

my abs and brake light stay on,now it has new brake pads,rotors,wheel barrings calipers all way around,still on,today i replaced speed senser on rear diff,and output senser on rear of trans,still on,brakes are great not spongy so the abs is working fine,any idea what else can cause this,do i have to drive it so many miles so it can correct its self,any input would be great,thanks.

Old 05-22-2012, 01:28 PM
Brian NY V10
Amateur
Default I'd like to be added to the 8L V10 club...

Hey everyone. I thought I'd throw myself in here for the club. Here's a story on how I came to own a Ram V10...My wife and I were in the market for a 2nd vehicle. I thought a truck would be great due to its capability to do work. I had strict requirements for getting a truck. (1) it had to have a V8. (2) it had to have 4 wheel drive (3) it had to have an EX or club cab (4) it could NOT be a Ford...I searched online locally for about two weeks. Most everything was upstate NY rust fodder. Then I found this 1994 2500 V10. It had nothing I demanded from my list of wants in a truck; but it had the V10. That, along with the fact that the owner took great care of it made be buy it the next day. Here are some pictures. They are from a video camera so not super...it has 143K no rust and no seepage or leaks. I love it...it will be my last truck as I plan to restore and keep her.

Old 05-27-2012, 06:28 PM
hydrashocker
Hall Of Fame
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

AWD<--- I went to Magnaflow for my muffler, and love the sound. I got the 24" one. The shorter the length the louder the sound.

Randy<----Could be the ABS CAB. Look at the fuse in the PDC. If that isn't it I would take it to a dealer and have the ABS code read.

Originally Posted by Jimythefan
No dead spot with mine. I upgraded to 4.10's and am running the 93 tune from hemifever. I push down on the throttle anywhere in that range and it takes right off.
Did you have any dead spots before the tune? I have upgraded to 4.10's in mine and OEM tune which I know there is some updates, but if I'm going to pay for a tune or tuner then I at least want to know if it will fix my issue. I wish I could find someone around here that I could borrow theirs and see if it fixes the issue or if I just need a rebuild.

Old 05-31-2012, 05:25 PM
Jimythefan
All Star
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by hydrashocker
Did you have any dead spots before the tune? I have upgraded to 4.10's in mine and OEM tune which I know there is some updates, but if I'm going to pay for a tune or tuner then I at least want to know if it will fix my issue. I wish I could find someone around here that I could borrow theirs and see if it fixes the issue or if I just need a rebuild.
Mine was very anemic when I got it. The 3.55's and the oem death flash were killing it. It drove okay, but it had flat spots off the line and in the mid-range due to TM and the trans always trying to shift up for economy.

Between the sct and the 4.10's it's a different truck. The sct was the best bang for the buck as far as I'm concerned. I'm using the 93 tune and fill up with Shell or Mobil 93 gas here in the northeast. I had a little ping when they were running the winter blend but it's gone now. The tuner cleared up shifting issues and cleared the flat spots. Adding the 4.10's while pricey was icing on the cake.

In fact Sean just sent me updated tunes for the V10. When I step down on it, it pulls right through the rpm range shifting just before redline right through 3rd gear. I haven't had a chance to tow anything heavy yet so no feedback there.

I have no other mods as yet and I probably won't be adding any for now. I'm getting just over 9 mpg combined and I'm pretty happy with the way it's running.

Old 06-02-2012, 11:15 AM
Ram_V_10

Count me in, nice to see some other V10 owners out there!

Old 06-02-2012, 11:25 AM
Brian NY V10
Amateur
Question Where?

Hey all of us in the V10 club! I was watching Trucks! something I haven't done in a few years...anyways, there are tons of catalogs and companies that offer anything for just about any V8 out there...my question is...where or what is the best source to find replacement or upgrade parts for the V10? Are we forgotten and left only to standard aftermarket replacement parts or can we do more?

Old 06-03-2012, 11:17 AM
ComputerJoe
Default Block Drains

99 RAM 2500
I can only find one block drain on the drivers side, is there another on the passengers side?

OK I found one on the passenger side. It's way back by the flywheel/transmission bell housing.\

The one on the drivers side is right by the rear freeze plug.

Last edited by ComputerJoe; 06-03-2012 at 11:39 AM.

Quick Reply: V10 Club