Exterior Modifications Talk about your rims, body kits, and other exterior mods here.

Lift with warrenty?

Old 08-13-2007, 06:46 PM
DodgeChicksAreBetter
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lift with warrenty?

I need some advice! I just bought an 06 Ram 1500 4dr 4x4. I bought the damn extended warrenty and then realizedI can't do to much to itas far as lifts go without voiding the warrenty. I was told I can doa 2" leveling kit and slap some bigger tires on up to 285/70/17. I'm wondering if its worth doing really cuz I eventually want to give it some real height. Is there anything special I can do at this point to get the most height outta it as possible with out ****ing the warrenty up? Or if anyone knows weather or not I have to keep the warrenty at this point or can I have it removed? The truck still has1 &1/2yrsleftunder the mnfctrs wrnty whichI know I still can't do much to the truck with, but at least I would only have to wait 1 & 1/2yrs instead of 6yrs to start getting some real heightinstalled. I'm also wondering what kind of tires I should get. I hear the BFG's A/T are pretty good but I was looking for something a lil more "meaty". I'm not planning on doing any rock climbing with it....more muddin than anything. But I still need it as a good street truck to so a tire that would be good for both muddin and pavement would be my happy medium! If anyone has any advice I would appreciate it.

[IMG]local://upfiles/70402/1A8E396E7EDE4D238DA58F6A329F36B3.jpg[/IMG]

Old 10-25-2007, 01:45 PM
importkiller76
Veteran
Default RE: Lift with warrenty?

The Goodyear Wrangler MT/R tire is really good in the mud/snow, but also decent on the street.

Old 11-05-2007, 12:09 AM
Piston

From what I know, you can actually do up to a 4" lift without any problems from the dealership. My shop does a lot of work for a local dealership and that is the limit they have given us.
It mainly comes up the the dealership you take your truck to, ask them, and hopefully they give you an honest answer.

Jason

Old 03-10-2008, 12:30 AM
Az2500Cummins08

the Service Dept manager told me it doesnt matter how high it is lifted, if anything goes wrong as a result from the lift then it is not covered. If you lift it is not going to viod the entire warranty on the truck, just the section that is affected. For instance, if you lift it 4 inches, 2 days later your stereo goes out, than you are covered.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Lift with warrenty?