Exterior Modifications Talk about your rims, body kits, and other exterior mods here.

i need help with HID Xenon Conversion kit!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2008, 12:19 AM
umair88
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default i need help with HID Xenon Conversion kit!!

Hi, i have an 04' Dodge Stratus, and i wanted to buy HID Xenon Conversion kit for my car. Since i am not really familiar with what brand to buy etc, i need your help. i saw this kit at ebay and i need your input to wether i should buy it or not.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/8000K-HID-CONVERSION-KIT-9007-9006-H13-H11-H7-H4-H1-H3_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1713Q2em153Q2el1262Q QcategoryZ36476QQihZ008QQitemZ180270735415#policie s

and if this is not good, can someone recommend mea better one, so i can buy the perfect one. here is what i want:

- 8,000K (white/Blue)

whats the difference btw Bi-Xenon and Single Beam bulbs, which one is better.

Thanks,
Umair88

Old 08-17-2008, 12:01 AM
LilSparkPlug
Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Older thread but I'll reply to it. First off you want the most useable light possible, and an 8,000K rating is not going to give you that. Stick to the 4300k, 5000k or 6000k (white with a hint of color, but pure white) so that you can be sure you are seeing the best.

Second, you NEED a relay harness. You cannot run HIDs on factory wiring systems without this. It will melt your factory harnesses and potentially set fire to the multifunction switch.

VVME.com sells good kits at really cheap prices. Thats where I got my foglight kit from, and my replacement ballast for my headlight kit. I have a relay harness for both my headlights and foglights and have projectors for both (the only real way to run them). HIDs in halogen (factory) housings only throw light all over the place except where its supposed to be.

Single Xenon is low beam only. Bi-Xenon is high beam and low beam. I.e. if you have a Dodge Neon with a 9007 application your highs and lows are on the same bulb. You would probably want a Bi-Xenon kit. Whereas if you have a Pacifica or a Crossfire you have different bulbs for high and low beam, so a single xenon kit would be better for you.

Hope that helped...if you have any other questions, shoot me a PM or ask on here. I have retrofitted headlights and done all my installs myself...so I'd be happy to help you as best I can.

Quick Reply: i need help with HID Xenon Conversion kit!!