Exterior Modifications Talk about your rims, body kits, and other exterior mods here.

What's allowed in your country?!

Old 06-01-2004, 05:13 PM
KimBo K.
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default What's allowed in your country?!

what parts for the cars are allowed in your country?
cause whe have the "TÃœV" they examine all attachments, and i think it's as much as exaggerated, so must go there cause of every attachment and test it.
This means you can't put all you want on your car, for example spoilerz or bumpers.

Old 06-01-2004, 08:53 PM
dustyloins
R.I.P. Dusty (Retired Moderator
Hall of Fame Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: What's allowed in your country?!

Most aftermarket items come under the control of the individual states. Some things, like headlights/taillights have Federal standards, but things like neon lights, horns, etc., usually fall under the authority of the local police.....[&:]

Old 06-02-2004, 05:01 AM
KimBo K.
Veteran

so it's not like seen in the films, that you can put everything on the car you want?
neon lights are unfotunately not allowed in Germany, only per relais, sot it must switch of, when the motor will be started

Old 06-02-2004, 12:48 PM
Dodgegirl19
Lady Administrator
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Neon lights turned on while a vehicle is moving is illegal where I'm at, Michigan... but you really have most all the freedom in the world to do whatever to your car/truck here in the states. Makes it nice...

What did you want to do to your car that you can't?

~Amanda

Old 06-02-2004, 03:45 PM
KimBo K.
Veteran

you read i wanna import the Neon with the Kaminari Body-Kit (Turbo Bumpers), the exhaust-system to the bumpers,
thats the beginning, i don't know, if the "TÃœV" allows me to put the exhaust on the car, because of the rights here in Germany.
next is Airride, but i think this is no problem
neon lights, must also switch of (alone per relais) when the engine is started
racing seats, there must be the fixture for the car, and this must also be importet

i don't know more at the moment

Old 06-10-2004, 11:36 AM
Racer Rob
Veteran

there isn't much we can't do, but I wish they would crack down on more stuff. Window tint is one thing I am noticing they are starting to crack down on. I wish the loud bass stereo systems would be next. Its annoying.

Old 06-10-2004, 05:48 PM
dodgeramnz
Professional

in new zealand you can do just about what ever you want but there are standards that have to be met. you can lower cars and trucks but there is a minimum height. left hand drive vehicles under 25yrs old must be converted to right hand drive. Idrive around with my underlights on and havent been pulled over by the police yet, although they are meant to be off while the vehicle is in motion. We have something called a warrant of fitness, and once a year you get your car inspected by a certified wof inspector and they make sure everything is up to scratch. there are big fines if you dont have it done. but like i said, as far as modifications go as loing as they are deemed to be safe, do whatever we want.

Old 06-10-2004, 05:55 PM
dodgeramnz
Professional

racer rob, maybe you should change your handle to retiree rob , no loud music or tints,

but seriously they outlawed tinted windows here for a while but too many new cars have factory tinting as standard for the southern hemisphere cause of our extreme uv exposure so they had to repeel the law, and tints are back.

Old 06-10-2004, 09:24 PM
Racer Rob
Veteran

I don't have a problem with tint, I think it looks good. All I said is that they are cracking down on it.
What does bug me is the people going by with their stereos so loud it shakes everything around. Like I want to hear/feel the crap they are probably listening to. Its a destraction and is far from being a safe driver. Do you want idiot with their stereo blasting hitting your Dodge because they weren't paying attention and couldn't hear whats going on? Me either.

Old 06-11-2004, 10:56 AM
KimBo K.
Veteran

in germany, the music must be so "quiet" that you can hear police or ambulance, if not, have to pay, tint is here allowed on the rear windows, not front (cost 20 Euro and have to delete) i've put 99% light absorbation on my rear windows, its still fine, but at night, wont see anything

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: What's allowed in your country?!