General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

door lock install

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2006, 10:21 PM
unclepudge
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default door lock install

I was wondering if anyone knows if 2000 Dakota quad cab is pre wired for door locks as I am planning on adding them in the near future,or if anyone has done this and can give advice on how to run wiring etc. I have an existing remote start and alarm hooked up but truck has no power options,thanks.

Old 12-16-2006, 09:40 PM
unclepudge
Default RE: door lock install

anybody?

Old 04-01-2007, 06:49 PM
rebelderf

All you can do is take the door panel off and see if there is a connector inside. Usually if you don't see a button for unlocking the doors the car isn't set up for that. rebelderf

Old 04-02-2007, 03:56 PM
rtkota5point9
All Star

Nope. Well at least my 99 wasn't. If it has factory locks it comes with wiring for power mirrors even if it doesnt have them, but if it doesnt have power locks, if comes wired for nothing in the doors. Because it's all one harness they use. The wiring should go as far as the kick panel though, because the interior wiring harnesses are the same. So you should be able to get the harnesses, switches and mechanisms for inside the door from a junked Dakota or dealership.

But it would be a lot cheaper to just add actuators and some aftermaket switches or keyless system. That's what i did on my Jeep and it works great.

Quick Reply: door lock install