General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Truck Trouble

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2008, 03:09 AM
thebeast1
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Truck Trouble

I have a 1999 dodge ram 1500 sport with a 318. now this has happened to me for the third time in the last 8 months. jus today i was going down the highway with the cruise on and just out of no where the truck loses all power and dies, i couldnt turn the wheel or anything i had to stop in the middle of the highway and have it jumped and now its running fine and 3 months ago i was in town driving and going down the road it just lost all power again and just died there but this time i was able to put it in park and start it right back up and it ran just fine until today when it did it again. i was thinking it might be bad battery cables or something but they are connected to the battery post just fine and the battery is basically brand new. so any suggestions or help would be nice thank u

Old 07-28-2008, 06:26 PM
HellaciousHemi
Veteran
Default RE: Truck Trouble

Could be an intermittent PCM connection problem. May be corrosion somewhere or something loose.

Old 08-03-2008, 05:16 AM
smithguy
Default RE: Truck Trouble

Some things tocheck: your fuel pressure, spark plugs/wires/distributor, or idle air control valve

Battery shouldn't do it, you can pretty much disconnect it after starting the truck. Alternator is running the show after that....

Quick Reply: Truck Trouble