General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

ghost in the machine......

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2008, 04:46 AM
smithguy
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ghost in the machine......

here's a nifty one: I have a 1996 Dodge Dakota, 3.9l, AT, ~85K miles. When I accelerate with the A/C blowing, my blend door will switch (automatically) from the dash vents to the floor vents and the A/C starts blowing down by my feet. The only way to correct it is to get off the gas pedal momentarily and it goes back to normal (to the dash vents). This will happen several times as I get out on the highway, eventually leveling offafter I've hit cruising speed. The only other caveat is, my cruise control on/off button takes some convincing to get it started, I have to press the button several times to turn it on. Maybe some sort of electrical correlation between the 2?
If anyones got any circuit diagrams out there with these two components on them, I would greatly appreciate it!

Thanks for reading!

Old 08-03-2008, 10:31 AM
bwirth1999
Default RE: ghost in the machine......

sounds like a vacuum problem...

Old 08-03-2008, 06:12 PM
moe7404
Record Breaker
Default RE: ghost in the machine......

moe in wichita ks
any time you mash the gas the vaccum will drop off, the a/c doors need vaccum to stay open or closed, when the vaccum drops off doors will change. of course you young kids dont know about vaccum windshild wipers. before about 1953 only top end cars had etectric wipers.

Quick Reply: ghost in the machine......