General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

W/I and deposits inside engine?????

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2006, 06:48 PM
FSTSRT4
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default W/I and deposits inside engine?????

I have a water/methanol injection kit on my Stage 3 SRT-4. I've been playing with different fuel/water injection formula's to allow me to hold HOM on my Stage 3 computer.

I've found NOS racing formula octane boost to do an excellent job allowing me to hold HOM with 91 octane gas and my w/i setup.

My concern is the possibility's of deposits forming inside of the engine because of the us of mmt in the octane boost.

I have heard that the W/i actually has a benefit of steam cleaning the engine and keeping harmfull deposits from forming, however I've never personally disassembled and engine that used water injection.

Anyone have any inputs on this????

thanks

Old 01-31-2006, 12:14 AM
casper
Legend
Default RE: W/I and deposits inside engine?????

I have no personal experience, but a combustion chamber cleaner every once and a while should do the trick. Also the w/I will help too.

Old 01-31-2006, 12:15 AM
casper
Legend

I have no personal experience, but a combustion chamber cleaner every once and a while should do the trick. Also the w/I will help too.

Old 01-31-2006, 06:25 AM
Chump
Captain

An old mechanics trick...when an engine just started knocking on re-start after cooling off, it could be diagnosed as a piece of carbon that fell off the combustion chamber and on to the top of the piston. This makes one heck of a racket! The fix is/was to poor some water in to the carb and the steam reaction would break up the carbon! So yes, your chambers will run cleaner.

Quick Reply: W/I and deposits inside engine?????