General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

ERROR Code "P done"

Old 04-20-2006, 03:06 AM
eyeseeyou
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ERROR Code "P done"

My lights and dashboard keep flickering on and off. The engine seems to be running fine but it's making me look like a crazy driver.

I did the odometer error code method and the error code "p done" came up. Can anyone translate this code? I also tried checking the alternator by disconnetcing the positive wire after starting the the engine and waiting to see if the car died and it did. Does this mean that my alternator is bad?

Soooooooo at this point I'm either trying to buy a new alternator or translate what "p done" means. Can anyone help me?

Old 04-20-2006, 04:10 PM
buckw1
Professional
Default RE: ERROR Code "P done"

If you seen no numbers before the done message then all is ok, DONE means just that, code check is done with no errors.
Take the car to a independent shop NOT Autozone,etc. and have your starting/charging system tested.

Old 04-21-2006, 01:28 AM
eyeseeyou

So does anyone have any educated guess's why my electrical is flickering on and off? The MIL is blinkin also.

Old 04-26-2006, 12:44 AM
marcus 1619
Rookie

if itss flashing while driving i think it means severe cat. converter problem. but if its flashing with key on not started that is a normal thing

Old 04-26-2006, 01:27 AM
Rivalry
Professional

IF it were a bad battery/alternator, you would have dimming not flickering. It sounds like a bad connection somewhere, Possibly even a bad ground.

Old 05-01-2006, 06:41 PM
CarputerGeek

Note to all: Don't ever disconnect the battery with the engine running, the alternator can spike as high as 18V which would obviuosly fry electrical circuits. The "disconnecting the battery" method of testing an alternator is a very bad idea.
Yes, have a shop correctly check the electrical system (if you haven;t allready) Maybe post the findings? So we all know.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: ERROR Code "P done"