General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

spiders

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2006, 12:38 PM
c130onewire
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default spiders

I've got a maybe not so unique problem.
The interior of my Quad-cab is infested with SPIDERS!!
I'm not neccesarily scared of them, it's just annoying as all get out when you have to peel off the spider webs before goin' for a drive.
Has anyone experienced this or does anyone have any helpful hints on how to get rid of them?

Old 08-29-2006, 01:36 PM
dodgedlr
Veteran
Default RE: spiders

LOL.

I HATE spiders.

What I would do is get one of them bug bombs for houses and set it off in the pickup and walk away from it for the day.
If you have a garage do it in there to help hold the poison in longer.

Old 08-29-2006, 03:02 PM
c130onewire

I thought about that but, what would t5hat do to the upholstery/electonics?

Old 08-29-2006, 08:38 PM
cass813

I am also into boating and we have spiders the size of nickles out there.. I swear by this easy method... buy Bounce drier sheets... they have to be bounce! I was told that there is some chemical in those dier sheets that spiders dislike. Some other people do the same thing and swear by it.

I think its going to be one of the easiest things to try! and your truck will smell nice and clean!

Old 08-29-2006, 09:07 PM
Mean Green
Champion
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I was going to 2nd the idea of the bug bomb but you may want to try that bounce first that would be a lot easier to clean up after. As far as damaging the upholstery goes i would just say that you could cover everything in sheets and then after the 24 hours take out the sheets and just let it air out and then shampoo the interior. My mother used those bombs a few times in our house when we were kids and all she did was cover everything leave for the night come home and let it air out. There were never any problems with staining or discoloration just clean it up well. Oh and you wouldn't have to use the whole can of the bug bomb those are made for large areas...

Quick Reply: spiders