Intake, Headers and Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

08 ram problems

Old 01-21-2008, 01:48 AM
rebwie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 08 ram problems

my 04 dodge hemi was stolen& TOTALED,around thanksgiving.sooooo i replaced it with about same truck model and options ,but in a 2008 === so far i hate this truck ,wish i had my 04 back !!!!! the rpm's are around 1500-2000 at start up (my old truck never did this)dealer said ,because it was cold ,then they said break in period ,,finally i got mad because it would do it after driving around all day ,shutting it off for minute and then restarting ,and when it was 45 degrees out !! then they took it in shop and said it needed a upgrade ,they did it and it did not work so now they say dodge is sending them another up grade ????? it's BRAND NEW my old truck never went into shop ,,,,,,,also this truck has low take off you really need to give gas hard or else it sputters ,,it also has a much stiffer ride then the 04 --- interior poppinp

ANY SUGGESTION ,,,ANY ONE ELSE HAVE A 08 WITH PROBLEMS

the problems so far 1 month later are = intrior light in back seat worked for a day or two ,when you'd open doors .... now it does not /// but funny thing is you can manually turn it on .

Old 03-16-2008, 09:49 PM
Az2500Cummins08
Default RE: 08 ram problems

Friend of mine has an 08 1500 hemi, when he puts it to the floor the transmission doesnt downshift, it stays in the current gear and slowly climbs up to speed.

Old 04-14-2008, 11:17 PM
BigMC_81

I know what you mean about the RPM's being up there...I took mine back teh next day because I thought something was wrong. The mechanic said it was the way the electronic ignition was and that they all started out high like that. If you let it sit for about 45-60 seconds, it goes down to a normal idle. Is that the case with yours as well? Other than that, no issues yet. I have about 4400 miles on mine and I bought it in October 07.

Old 07-30-2008, 10:14 PM
sunburst08
Rookie

i hope this helps some, on my 04 focus svt the svt group told me that it did this due to emissions, that it needed to too get the cats up to proper operating temps, my 08 hemi does this and i just figured it's normal. hope this helps

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 08 ram problems