Intake, Headers and Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

Header fit on engine swap

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2008, 12:40 PM
cdcardwell29
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Header fit on engine swap

I have a 72 Duster that I am preparing to put a 440 in. I dont have the money at this point to buy headers, so I am looking to install the hp b body manifold. I am wondering if anyone has done this or seen it done. I want to make sure that they are going to fit. I would really like to know before hand.

Old 04-17-2008, 07:05 PM
moe7404
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Header fit on engine swap

moe in wichita ks
i THINK that big block cast iron manofold made for a B body may not fit a A body.
i think i remember back when they were new i read that chrysler had to make a different manafold for the A body. there are others that know more about this than i do. just keep trying you will find the right dude. eather use a motor plateon the front or use a chain on the left front, to keep from ripping out the left front mount. i used a turn bukel on a 360 i got a longer left frontmotor mount boltat the block put more threads with two nutsso it stuckto the frontand justhooked the turn bukle to the bolt and it was just the right length to hook to frame, it looked clean. on the 360 the bolt is a 7/16 dia. also the oil pan has to fit boththeengine AND the body. moe7404@att.net

Quick Reply: Header fit on engine swap