Interior Modifications What have you done to the inside of your ride? Customized it? Kept it super clean? Talk about it here.

GM seat in a Dodge Ram???

Old 05-07-2008, 03:51 PM
murph111
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GM seat in a Dodge Ram???

I have a '98 1500 StdCab SB with the 40/20/40 split seat. The seat/truck had only 60k miles on it and the foam was flat, granted i am a bigger guy, but non the less I was sick of it. You may laugh and curse meoff this site but I actually installed a 2001 GM 40/20/40 split bench seat in my Dodge, I know, I know. But you know what, it almost looks like it belongs in there,the grey color matches and the truck now has 185k miles with the seat looking like the day i installed it. If you want to do this conversion you better be handy with welding brackets and have some time. Obviously the stock mounting brackets are scrap, but the seat is a perfect fit width wise and front to back, someone 7ft tall could drive my truck and have plenty of leg room, other than the fact that it sits a little higher than the stock one, you get used to it. The best part is I have 5 cup holders now, 3 fromstock (I have a REAL truck 5 speed manual). Anyone want pictures just let me know, I will email them direct to you, I am new on this site and not the most computer literate.

Old 05-22-2008, 05:45 PM
tmj5800
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: GM seat in a Dodge Ram???

any photos of that?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: GM seat in a Dodge Ram???