Interior Modifications What have you done to the inside of your ride? Customized it? Kept it super clean? Talk about it here.

How do I use internal neons?

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2004, 01:15 PM
tom
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: How do I use internal neons?

allright i have all the info, first like other people said they can be illegal depending on color, why and how, cause i have them and i was busted. the illegal colors are blue(me), red, and there was one other but i forgot but they are similar to emergency veichels. cause i went to court and pled not guilty so i talked to the DA and he told me that these are the colors that are illegal, and by the end of the talk i told that i didnt know they were illegal cause why would a store sell something illegal without telling that on the box( i bull ****ted) but i got off with with the points but still had to pay $64. on how to install them this is what i did. 1 put the tubes under the dash so you can not see the tube or other wise iit looks like crap, 2 i have a 03 neon what we did is we hooked the pos and neg to the cigerrete lighter light , cause there is only a pos and neg there and your cigerrete lighter lights up only when you turn your lights on,which you are only gonna be seeing the neons at night any ways. 3 everyhtinh is a simple soldder, scotch snap, or wire nuts, but i prefer scotch snaps cause they are the easiest, just ask for them at the harware store. 4 if you want a seperate switch so if a cop pulls up next to you this is what you do. 5 just add the swithch where in the wire of the neon tube , so you cut the wires (pos and neg) then take the switch ad the wires back on the switch( wire diagrm will be given when you buy switch) sorry i dont have schidmatic but good luck

Old 10-01-2004, 05:48 AM
PITBULL
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: How do I use internal neons?

Neons are NOT illegal in Tennessee in ANY color! I live about 2 minutes from TN and I am there most of the time anyway. If you want to skip using a switch, You can wire them like I had my Indiglo gauges wired. just ground the negative side to a bolt connected to metal, and connect the positive wire on the same fuse as your parklights, or just wrap that wire around the leg of the fuse and put it back in. when you turn on your parklights, your whatever will come on also! ALTHOUGH this way they WILL NOT turn off unless the park lights are off!!!! This is great for gauges because thats when you want them on anyway but maybe not for neons!!!

Quick Reply: How do I use internal neons?