Interior Modifications What have you done to the inside of your ride? Customized it? Kept it super clean? Talk about it here.

Went crazy on my interior this year

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2005, 02:46 PM
RM_Indy
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Went crazy on my interior this year

why the tach and shift light?? its an auto
There are lots of reasons why Tod

1) I go to the dragstrip on a regular basis (100+ meets/1100passes & counting) When bracket racing to win you need to be consistent. Hitting the same shift points every time helps with consistency. If it’s a test and tune (heads-up light) I still want to hit the shift points so I have a better chance of beating whatever I lined up in the staging lanes.
2) My transmission has a Transgo stage III shift kit(race) and it shifts real early when its in auto regardless of tv cable adjustments. At the dragstrip I always manual shift, on the street probably about 1/2 the time.
3) During a pass I am watching the where Im driving (straight line usually) fuel pressure, air to fuel ratio and boost levels at the shifts so I need the flash of the shift light to let me know its time to shift without looking at it.
4) This shift light can be set for 2 different rpms for 1-2 and 2-3rd shifts. With the engine reving to redline a fair bit faster now the 1st shift light needs to be a bit earlier to be able to react in time.
5) That tach matches my vac/boost, fuel pressure and transmission temp gauges.
6) Most tachs come with shift lights
7) Looks freakin cool

Old 12-15-2005, 02:58 PM
northeastern08
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I know what a tach and shift light are for, I also know drag racing, thats why my question didnt ask that...all you had to say was you use the manual gears and it helps at the track...I just never saw anyone use a column shifter in that way before, hence the question [sm=smiley2.gif]

-todd-

Old 12-16-2005, 03:58 AM
whyte69
Veteran

how long have you been manually shifting in your auto? I was under the impression that manually shifting is bad for the tranny in the long run.

Old 12-16-2005, 06:27 AM
northeastern08

I mean I do shift manually in my Magnum occasionally (and when at the drag strip), but thats the Auto-Stick and a little different than a column shifter...again just trying to clarify why I asked...Isnt that akward during a pass?

Old 12-17-2005, 07:39 AM
RM_Indy
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The Transgo stage III is the race kit and with it the difference between manual/auto was over .2 seconds on the 1/4m(na). Im sure it would be at least .5 seconds with the blower (or more). That kit is intended to be manually shifted and has been in over 4yrs(stageII 98-01). The race shift kit is not recommended, especially on a daily driver.

I have been planning on getting a ratchet shifter since installing the stageIII but it keeps getting bumped off the list for one reason or another. Not that big of a deal column shifting, I have been doing it for years

Bet the 800 burnouts on 12.5" wide slicks as well as the 2500rpms launches after is probably harder on the trans

Old 07-22-2008, 02:38 PM
usmrocks
Veteran

how much would you charge to do this to my dakota?

Old 07-25-2008, 10:56 PM
Avox
Rookie

what did you do to paint ur interior? sanded it...but what kind of pain and other stuff did you use?

Quick Reply: Went crazy on my interior this year