Jeeps The tough off road capability of ANY Jeep model from the Wrangler to the fully loaded Grand Cherokee keeps this cousin of Dodge the king of every hill.

2004 jgc power door lock problems

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2012, 08:18 PM
DukeSupes
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb 2004 jgc power door lock problems

My gfs jeep suddenly started having door lock issues. Usually while out shopping I have to wait for her to use the keyless entry to unlock the jeep by pressing unlock twice before the back hatch will unlock and load groceries. We noticed today that the hatch was already unlocked so she tried locking it with keyless remote and after the horn honk I tried again, hatch was still unlocked. We checked all the doors for this same issue and the rear doors are affected as well. Only the front doors will unlock/lock using the keyless entry remote or the controls on the front doors. I am not too concerned about the rear doors because as long as they are locked, they are fine but the rear hatch does not have a mechanical control for its lock. I am very concerned about her safety in that someone could sneak into her car and wait for her there. PLEASE, does anybody no where I can start looking to solve this?

After a friend told me about the popular issue of breaking wires in the drivers door I started there and found the red wire and tanish with purple stripe broken. I fixed both of these but it didnt fix the problem.

Old 03-18-2012, 08:52 PM
DukeSupes
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok. Just found the manual lock through the access panel on the interior panel so I am not freaked for her safety. But any help in correcting the power locks is GREATLY appreciated.

Quick Reply: 2004 jgc power door lock problems