Jeeps The tough off road capability of ANY Jeep model from the Wrangler to the fully loaded Grand Cherokee keeps this cousin of Dodge the king of every hill.

Jeep Carnage!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2013, 12:17 PM
Jason0777
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by HammerZ71
Good luck with that. When I started exploring my options I first looked into picking up another HO. There was ONE I could find and it was like 1400 miles away, had 140k miles on it and the guy still wanted $3200 for it!
Regular PowerTech 4.7s are all over the place and I found re-manned ones with warranty out there for as little as $1800, but not HOs.
I would have had to change PCM and wiring harness to go to a regular 4.7 and lose 35 HP & TQ which I really didn't want to do. Rebuilding this one cost about the same/maybe a little less than picking up the cheapest regular 4.7 I could find.

I even thought about parting my Jeep out, but really didn't want to as it's in pretty much mint condition. I did have a LOT of inquiries on Jeep sites for my Dana axles due to the lockers in them, had a guy want my 3" over-size coils and one guy wanted my power leather seats though...
Hammer would you happen to remember where it is that you could find the "regular PowerTech 4.7's for around 1800.00 re-manned? I dont have the H.O. and im looking at spending about that just on my regular 4.7 rebuild so would rather save the time and have a warranty! Thanks again for the reply on my rebuild thread!

Quick Reply: Jeep Carnage!!!