Jeeps The tough off road capability of ANY Jeep model from the Wrangler to the fully loaded Grand Cherokee keeps this cousin of Dodge the king of every hill.

Need Advice2008 Jeep Cherokee Repairs - Mechanic is a Crook ??

Old 07-19-2014, 11:49 PM
carypowers
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need Advice2008 Jeep Cherokee Repairs - Mechanic is a Crook ??

I think I have a crooked mechanic... I have allowed the repairs, changed diagnosis, and escalating cost to move forward on what he finally said was a cracked head. The head was taken to a machine shop where he again raised the price and told me the head was beyond repair and a new.rebuilt or used one CORRECTION TWO were now needed. He said that both heads have to be done or the Jeep would not run correctly after repairs. I went along all the way to this point where I met him at his shop and said NO MORE.. the cost was agreed on and understood 3 times to be exactly 1700.00 when complete. NOT A PENNY MORE.

The car is now done but the cost went up and I believe the lies got bigger. He has stated I owe another 800.00 for (his exact quote) "the head job 'did not' include the water pump, radiator flush or crank shaft key' which was broken.These items were separate from the head job which would have run upwards of $5000 at the dealer" I have asked for verification of this extra work, as well as the extra work he did when the job went from 900 to 1200 then to 1700.00.. He has stated that none of the old parts are available for inspection, he will not show me any PO or invoice for his cost, will not tell me the machine shop he supposedly went to first. I'm no mechanic but this sounds like total BS.

My understanding the water pump is under 50.00 and 30 minutes to replace since the engine was already broken down, the radiator flush should be part of the head job and I am not sure what the crankshaft key does but the jeep would start when it was picked up. I feel this guy is a crook, I have learned he doesn't even own the shop where the car was taken and repaired, that shop has a different name and registered to another person. His company being AA Transmission and Auto Repair shows to be an apartment in Carrolton, Texas. He has also taken my jeep from the location where it was repaired and as far as I know has it in his possession somewhere. I have already paid 1200.00 and will gladly pay the 500.00 as agreed to get my jeep back in good working order. I need some professional advice on this additional 800.00 of work he claims, what any suggestions as far as my options at this point... as stated we are in Denton County of Texas. Thank You in advance for any advice. ​

Old 07-27-2014, 10:23 PM
TNtech
Site Moderator-Dodge Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Thank goodness you didn't take it to the dealer, they would have rip.....

Nevermind.

Sounds like a mobile mechanic off Craigslist subbed it out to his buddy who is actually employed by a garage.

Last edited by TNtech; 07-27-2014 at 10:33 PM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Need Advice2008 Jeep Cherokee Repairs - Mechanic is a Crook ??