K-Cars The generation of cars that will forever live in infamy. The glorious K-car.

1993 Dodge Shadow: Race Prepping

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2013, 06:15 AM
Blacknights
Veteran
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Default 1993 Dodge Shadow: Race Prepping

Alright so I'm normally on the Dakota sub-section, but alias I need some knowledge with a different vehicle. Long story short is I'm a dodge guy and when ever someone has a problem with a dodge vehicle or anything that shares parts (anything made by Chrysler basically), they come to me. I've now been recruited to help with a new project.

A friend of mine has called me up and is obtaining a 1993 Dodge Shadow with a 3.0L V6, 3-speed automatic. It needs a couple repairs, head gasket is leaking, basic old stuff. Nothing big or I can't manage with some tools and a couple hundred dollars (he got it for $150, so its worth it). Here is the kicker, we've both been looking for a vehicle like this in order to join LeMons racing.

What I need is some help finding cheap bolt-ons or free tricks to boost the hp. I'm not looking for miracles but asking 180 hp (142hp is stock) from a 3.0 shouldn't be too much to ask. I was thinking stuff like is there a better flowing intake manifold that I can swap in, for example.

We already are going to strip as much weight as possible from it, it will most likely be sitting around 2,000 lbs when I'm done with it (before a roll cage). We can put better rims, tires and brakes on it to help a lot. But some more power is really needed. Or if there are aftermarket/higher differential gears I can throw in.

Any help is greatly appreciated.
Thank you

Old 12-08-2013, 07:34 PM
smokesxt
Record Breaker
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

52mm TB off a 3.3 caravan. Port the plenum. Make plenum spacers. Port the heads. Mitsu diamante cams. Bigger exhaust (3"). Advance timing to 15*.

http://www.turbododge.com/forums/f69/ Check around/post up here.

Old 04-02-2014, 01:19 AM
ponyman
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

old thread but 5 speed swaps are simple. the hardest part is switching out the 3 pedal setup. did mine in my old 3.0 in a weekend. caravan plentum, bigger tb w/ cia, and srt-4 exhaust had me running low 15s with a stripped interior.

Quick Reply: 1993 Dodge Shadow: Race Prepping