K-Cars The generation of cars that will forever live in infamy. The glorious K-car.

1988 Dynasty sitting 10 years, won't start.

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2013, 06:51 PM
Roebuck11
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1988 Dynasty sitting 10 years, won't start.

Hi I was wondering if anyone could help me as my mechanical skills aren't the greatest. I'm looking at buying a very clean 1988 Dynasty which has been sitting for the last 10 years. The seller says the engine will turn over but not start. Someone came and poured gas directly into the engine but it still didn't start. Someone else told them a plastic price would have dried out and that could be it.

Does anyone have any suggestions? I'm on a very tight budget going to school and working full time and saving up for grad school so I don't want to get involved in a money pit. Thanks.

Old 12-26-2013, 09:38 PM
Jeremysp1993
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I dont know about those cars, but, if gas directly into the carb doesnt start it, there must be an electrical problem of it not getting spark. Bad wires, distributor, coil, spark plugs, and other things could cause that.

Old 12-26-2013, 09:55 PM
cyclone429
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thier is no carb all efi.. Engine was built by mitsabeshi (sp)

Try a can of starting fluid (eithier) spray into the throttle body, you have to take off the air intake, if the engine wants to run, but is sputtering, the gas from sitting for ten years could be gelled up in the flue filter.

Im not sure in the flue filter and pump are inside the flue tank, but its easy to figure out as Dynasty and dodge mini vans used the same V6.

If your on a budget, Buy a running car!!

Quick Reply: 1988 Dynasty sitting 10 years, won't start.