K-Cars The generation of cars that will forever live in infamy. The glorious K-car.

1992 dodge shadow howl and a fwe other things.

Old 02-12-2015, 12:11 PM
Ginerous
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1992 dodge shadow constant howl from the rear... and a few other things.

So i have this constant howling from the back of the car. starts a few seconds after i start the car. Also is there any way to tighten the timing belt without but the special ridiculously expensive tool. and the last thing my fuel gague dosent work anymore. how hard is it to replace?

Last edited by Ginerous; 02-12-2015 at 12:18 PM.
Old 02-19-2015, 07:35 AM
smokesxt
Record Breaker
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Ginerous
So i have this constant howling from the back of the car. starts a few seconds after i start the car. Also is there any way to tighten the timing belt without but the special ridiculously expensive tool. and the last thing my fuel gague dosent work anymore. how hard is it to replace?
The fuel gauge is likely a bad sending unit, but I would start by checking fuses and wiring.
What engine do you have?
The howling would have to be pin-pointed. You could be hearing your fuel pump, could be exhaust vibrating on the chassis somewhere, could be a number of other things, but seeings you state a few seconds after starting, I'm figuring it's doing it while sitting idling, so I'd start by listening to the fuel pump, and checking to see if the exhaust is touching somewhere.

Old 07-08-2015, 08:12 PM
WFLamanIV
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If memory serves correctly, there are a few vapor hoses back there. Since the OBD is not so intuitive to spring a check engine light for a fuel vapor leak this might be the case (in the event that the fuel pump itself is fine). Check to make sure that after you go for a drive that the fuel cap is pressurized (should hiss slightly when twisted off) if that doesn't happen check the extra tubes around the tank for cracks

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 1992 dodge shadow howl and a fwe other things.