K-Cars The generation of cars that will forever live in infamy. The glorious K-car.

Dynasty '91 no anti-theft System?

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2015, 01:02 AM
Dynasty91
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Dynasty '91 no anti-theft System?

Greetings all,
I hope to find the necessary help. I'm from Chile, I live in Santiago City. My English language is not very good, I hope not to bother.
I have a "small" problem with this car. Dodge Dynasty 1991 3.3 V6, no ABS, no power windows, just Airbag for driver, automatic door lock, 3-speed automatic transmission. (Base Model)
I searched for information for a month or more time... on the Internet and workshop-manual page.
This model was imported into my country by an Businessman in those years, but not trade in my country.
I do not know if this car has Anti-thef system Alarm. All diagrams I've seen the same model year Dynasty show that the car has Anti-theft.
Ok, have removed much of the front panel, below, driver and passenger side, behind the glove box.... I found nothing like the box shown in the diagram I have.
The problem is this, the car starts but shuts off after 3 seconds. (Cranck Engine but die in 2 or 3 seconds)
Scanning with the key, shows no fault code. BCM and ECM hare OK, (I suppose)

I made several repairs and replacements of parts, did not want to see him die lying on the garage .... the car has run well all these years, but this problem has done 2 times in the last 6 months, now, don't know if this dying.
Other people have reported this problem, and many have solved with anti-thef system, but I can't find it. Anyone know anything about this car? why this happens with this model? Some have said a cable from the instrument console is loose, broken welds on the electronic card, I can still not check this. or may have other key recognition system in the cylinder, but my key is not rounded and wider, it is rather thin, almost like a T. I do not know if have chip inside. maybe have Anti theft system?..."this is the cuestion"

I just need to be sure of these things before moving forward, I'm stuck in this problem....

Thank you very much for the help

Last edited by Dynasty91; 07-31-2015 at 01:08 AM.

Quick Reply: Dynasty '91 no anti-theft System?