K-Cars The generation of cars that will forever live in infamy. The glorious K-car.

92 spirit v6 bogging down

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2016, 12:31 PM
heathbresee
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 92 spirit v6 bogging down

This is my buddies car. 174,000 miles 3.0 v6 auto. Love the car it's super nice I've changed plugs wires and air filter and it was running great oh and upstream 02 sensor. He went 90 miles away yesterday and called me stuck n side of road. Car would not stay running. So I told him to go get a pick up plate from auto zone and I'll replace it. I figured that's what it was. Well replaced it and it didn't fix it. So I tinker with it. And finally she starts. But only idles. If I push gas at all she stumbles and dies. I keep starting and starting and starting then bam she I alive. I get her home. Runs fine. ONLY problem now is a slight miss here and there and if you suddenly floor it she falls on her face and dies. If you ease. And I mean ease into it she will wrap out and bounce off Rev limiter. Sometimes she starts sometimes she doesnt

Old 04-25-2016, 07:30 AM
smokesxt
Record Breaker
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Check your throttle position sensor. If that checks out, start checking into fuel. Your pump may be dying, or you may have a plugged fuel filter.

Quick Reply: 92 spirit v6 bogging down