Magnum SRT-8 That thing got a Hemi? Indeed, a 6.1L Hemi that is. The Dodge Magnum SRT-8 is the most extreme factory wagon.

06 magnum srt8 engine issues

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2014, 12:53 PM
Gotpowr
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 06 magnum srt8 engine issues

My 6.1 liter v8 in my 06' srt8 magnum has bit the dust, so to speak! The mileage is only 40k! I have never driven it hard, it has been my daily driver. I had built for me, so I am the only owner. It has had all regular routine maintenance, and other non- engine repairs. It was in climate controlled storage for the last 3 years, where it was started and had fluids checked monthly. I got it out of storage in September, had all inspections done, fluids and filters changed, tires replaced, etc. In January it began having trouble starting- checked battery, connections, no codes came up. Ran carb cleaner and injector cleaner through it, seemed to help, as problem did not get worse, and was not occurring at every startup. Last week it died at a red light! Started shaking, quit, and would not start again. Garage got it started, but " something is broken and rattling around in the engine", so they shut it off immediately! New " used" engine with 12mo. Warranty is $7-9 k!!! Labor to tear down engine and see what is broken is $80 an hour minimum! "Insert faint"! Fortunately, my husband can do this, so we are hauling the car home this week, as he is in the military, who knows how long it will take him. So I get to drive a granny car for now! Does anyone think this could be storage related, considering the low mileage? Any ideas on what the "broken" thing might be?

Quick Reply: 06 magnum srt8 engine issues