Magnum SRT-8 That thing got a Hemi? Indeed, a 6.1L Hemi that is. The Dodge Magnum SRT-8 is the most extreme factory wagon.

CARB legal programmer

Old 06-02-2015, 10:52 AM
johnnynapalm
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CARB legal programmer

Hey all! I love my magnum srt8, but cant stand the NAG1 adaptive transmission control. Getting used to my driving style in California traffic? Yeah, that's a good idea. It feels like my transmission is slipping or my engine is cutting out.

I am looking for a programmer that will actually reprogram the transmission and increase horsepower. The Diablo T1000 is not for sale in California and I have to get my magnum smog checked so that is not an option. The Hypertech 52501 suggests it will program the transmission shift points, but there is no mention of this working with the NAG1 transmission. Any one out there who has had any luck?

Old 06-03-2015, 11:02 AM
johnnynapalm
Default Carb

CARB = California Air Resources Board

Old 06-03-2015, 01:05 PM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 334 Likes on 298 Posts

Gawd I'm so glad I don't live in that screwed up state.......perhaps you can have someone (relative, fellow DF member, etc) from another state buy one for you. Just return to stock for the inspections.

Old 06-04-2015, 11:05 AM
johnnynapalm
Default Watermark?

I thought about that - but I also heard that the Diablo T1000 leaves some sort of 'water mark' on the cars computer and when they plug in the smog machine - it will detect this and my car will fail the smog check. Something along those lines... or is this incorrect? I emailed Diablo and of course they have not gotten back to me. I just don't want to spend $500+ for a tuner that will not allow me to drive my car in 2 years (just got my Magnum smog checked).

California is crazy

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: CARB legal programmer