Neon SRT-4 Dodge Neon SRT-4 is the pocket rocket that took the import scene and turned it upside down.

Help

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2007, 01:01 AM
NEONRT98
All Star
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help

I have run into a few problems... Seems like once I get one thing fixed and working right, something else messes up with this car....

Recently I had changed over to Mobil 1 Full Synthetic oil w/ the Mobil 1 oil filter. It seems like after I had changed to the sythetic oil, I developed a rod knock!! This engine has 26k miles on it... and there is a tapping coming from my bottom end.. Has me a bit peeved to say the least!! Is it possible the synthetic had something to do with this?? Should I go to a synthetic blend instead? Heavier oil?
Also, I put T-bolt clamps on my IC piping to help with the problem I had of the piping blowing apart. Anyhow... here recently I have only been able to spike about 15psi, and it falls on its face to 10psi from 4500-6000 RPMs, and I am lucky to even see the spike!! Is this a sign that my stock WGA is taking a ****?!

I need some help guys becuase I am getting close to school! I need this car to get me about 120 miles a day 4 times a week!!![/align]

Old 09-14-2007, 01:18 AM
PSI Chick
Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Help

ok the first issue with the engine knock......first off, what weight did you go with? it really doesn't matter a whole lot though, as long as it's in the correct range. did you do the oil change or did you take it somewhere to get it done?

second the boost issue.....sounds like a boost leak. do a leak check and see if that's the problem. if not then there are other things you can look at, but start there as it's usually the most common cause.